How Does The Stretch Mark Reduction Treatment Work?Sussex Laser Lipo have developed a completely unique and innovative therapy leveraging the skin rejuvenation capabilities of radio frequency technology to achieve remarkable progress in the battle being fought by many people to get rid of stretch marks. The Stretch Mark Reduction Treatments apply focused multi-polar radio frequency to precisely target and heat the collagen fibres within the treated area. The angry red stretch marks that many people are left with after childbirth or sudden weight gain and / or weight loss are a result of the connective tissues within the dermis being ruptured, overstretched and not re-forming correctly. Unlike older RF-only technologies, such as Accent and Thermage, which are unable to accurately target the treatment area, Sussex Laser Lipo utilise carefully controlled multi-polar RF technology to deliver focused RF energy into the dermal tissues of the treated area. This causes the following effects :-
- Existing collagen tissues shrink, providing an immediate tightening and plumping effect.
- Old, fibrous collagen is denatured and broken down by the body.
- Fibroblasts (the cells that create new collagen) are stimulated to create new, fresh, supple collagen.
- This new, well-organised and structured collagen provides a more supple connective layer, which allows inflammation of the surface tissues to subside, thereby reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
Why does this get rid of stretch marks?Technically speaking, no treatment can truly get rid of stretch marks. However, our groundbreaking unique treatment protocols are able to significantly reduce the appearance of stretch marks, changing them from angry red lines, to a barely noticeable silvery appearance. A cooling gel is applied to the treatment area, then the Stretch Mark Reduction treatment commences. The multi-polar RF technology generates heat in the subcutaneous layer, causing the existing active collagen to contract, delivering immediately tighter feeling skin. The RF energy also selectively denatures (breaks down) the old, inflexible collagen and stimulates the re-growth of fresh, healthy and flexible collagen fibres. With successive treatments, this cumulative effect will deliver long lasting results! The laying down of fresh, new collagen fibres results in skin remodeling, taking place over 3-6 months and lasting up to two years, although “top up” treatments every 6-9 months can prolong this effect.
End ResultThe volume of collagen increases in a more organised structure. This reduces the appearance of stretch marks, whilst also delivering a more supple, smoother and even tone to the skin.
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator.
- Superficial metal or other implants in the treatment area, such as crowns and bridges.
- Current or history of skin cancer, as well as any other type of cancer, or pre malignant moles.
- Severe concurrent conditions, such as cardiac disorders.
- Pregnancy and nursing.
- Impaired immune system, such as AIDS and HIV, or use of immuno-suppressive medications.
- Diseases which may be stimulated by light at the wavelengths used, such as history of Systemic Lupus, Erythematosus, Porphyria and Epilepsy.
- Patients with a history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area, may be treated only following a prophylactic regime.
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders, such as diabetes or Poly Cystic Ovary.
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema or undiagnosed rashes.
- Facial laser resurfacing and deep chemical peeling within the last 3 months, if face is treated.
- Any surgical procedure in the treatment area within the last 3 months or before complete healing.
What happens when I come for treatment?Your Stretch Mark Reduction Treatment will begin with a FREE consultation. During this we will discuss how you would like to improve your appearance and the likely length of treatment required and how those areas will be targeted by the treatments. Following the consultation and the completion of a medical questionnaire, photographs will be taken to enable us to monitor your progress. The treatments will then commence as follows :- Soothing cooling gel will be applied to the treatment area. This is to ensure optimal transmission of the therapeutic energies into the dermal tissues and to absorb any heat emitted from the surface of the skin, ensuring absolute safety and comfort for the client. The Stretch Mark Reduction treatment is then configured and the treatment head applied to the treatment area. The machine is then switched on and the treatment head is moved across the targeted area(s) several times to ensure complete coverage. After treatment the skin will be cleaned of all cooling gel, leaving the skin feeling smoother, more supple and rejuvenated.
How is this better than creams and other treatments?All off-the-shelf creams or salon-based treatments either bleach the skin, causing irreparable damage to the connective tissues and simply masking the appearance, or use a variety of chemicals and compounds to modify the skin’s bio-chemistry. Only Sussex Laser Lipo’s unique Stretch Mark Reduction Treatment leverages the most advanced technology available to safely stimulate the totally natural re-construction of the connective tissues within the skin. All this is achieved without introducing and chemicals, needles or foreign bodies and only through the stimulation of completely natural bodily processes!
Which Areas Can Be Treated?The Stretch Mark Reduction Treatments can be used to target many areas of the body where angry red stretch marks are apparent. The most common areas targeted are :-
> Stomach (Abdomen)
> Upper & Lower back
> Arms (under biceps)
How quickly will I notice a change?Gradual improvement of the treated area can be seen following the first treatment – with the skin surface of the treated area feeling smoother and the redness within the stretch marks noticeably reducing after the first 2-3 treatments. With a course of treatments, these results will be cumulative. Once the course is completed, final results will be most apparent after 6-8 weeks.
What do the treatments feel like?Most clients have told us that the treatment is extremely comfortable and pleasant, feeling like a gentle deep heating sensation beneath their skin.
Does it hurt?Most patients find the Stretch Mark Reduction treatments extremely comfortable and liken them to a warm deep tissue massage. The treatments are customised to accommodate your sensitivity and comfort level, which will be closely monitored by the technician throughout the treatment. It is normal to experience a warm sensation for a few hours post treatment. Your skin may also appear redder than usual for several hours, but this subside very quickly.
Is it safe?Yes. The focused RF energies applied by during the Stretch Mark Reduction Treatments are extremely safe and the entire process is completely non-invasive. The process has undergone examination and assessment by several medical bodies. We use the most advanced technology available and have one of the most experienced technicians in the country providing treatments, so you are in extremely safe hands.
Will I be able to drive after my treatment?Yes. The treatment is completely non-invasive and has no “down-time”. You are free to carry on with your normal daily activities immediately after treatment.
What do I do whilst the treatment is taking place?This is entirely up to you, as long as you can remain still and lying down. Many clients read magazines (we provide a range to choose from), others take the opportunity to take a quick nap! We also offer free Wi-Fi Internet Access for customers whilst they are waiting and during the treatments, just ask for details when you arrive.
Who can have the Stretch Mark Reduction Treatments?Due to the non-invasive nature of our unique Stretch Mark Reduction treatments, they are suitable for both men and women that wish to look their best and do not wish to endure the costs and risks of cosmetic surgery, or “pump” their bodies full of chemicals using off-the-shelf creams and salon treatments. There are a small number of clinical conditions that would prevent treatment, please check the “Can I be Treated” tab on this page for more details. If you have any specific questions or requirements, please contact us for more information.
After I had a baby my body had changed and I started looking into stretch mark treatments and came across Sussex Laser Lipo. I had my first treatment with Mear and about two weeks later I looked in the mirror and could not believe it but my dark stretch marks that were etched across my… Read more * “Fat freezing and Stretch marks”
* DISCLAIMERAll testimonials are the opinion of the individual. Any results described or claimed within these testimonials are specific to that individual customer. Results can vary and there are many factors that effect the results achieved by each individual customer, including but not limited to lifestyle, age, diet, etc. As such, we are not able to provide guaranteed results. We will commit to engaging with you as a customer to achieve the best results possible in your given situation.
Sussex Laser Lipo Clinic © All rights reserved. Also trading as “Sussex Laser Lipo” & “Sussex Inch Loss”
Website Design By That's Good Media